Josh is a global brand protection attorney whose practice focuses on all aspects of trademark counseling, clearance, prosecution and enforcement in the United States and abroad. He has helped develop and manage some of the world’s most valuable brand portfolios with clients ranging from hardware, software/SAAS, mobile apps, gaming, advertising, action sports, industrial products, consumer goods, food, cosmetics, footwear, and apparel. Josh’s expertise extends to resolving related copyright, domain name, social media, and counterfeiting issues for his clients. Having specialized in this niche practice area for virtually his entire career, Josh has seen most issues multiple times and is adept at turning around highly effective cost-conscious solutions for his clients. A California native, Josh is an avid surfer and golfer, enjoys playing guitar, and resides in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife and son.
Areas of practice &
Global Brand Protection Services; Trademark Portfolio Development & Management; Copyright Registration & Protecting the Original Creative Work of Creators and Authors; Domain Name Recovery & Disputes; Counterfeit Enforcement Proceedings; Trademark & Copyright Litigation
- World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
- San Diego Daily Transcript Top Attorney
- San Diego Daily Transcript Outstanding Young Attorney
- B.A. University of California at Santa Barbara
- J.D. University of San Diego School of Law
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Admissions / Memberships
- The State Bar of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Ready to get started?
As champions of innovation, we are committed to partnering with our clients in order to achieve legal solutions that are as creative and forward thinking as the industries we represent. Please contact us for more information.